Summer Information Packets
Entering Alpha: Supply List
Entering JK: Summer Activities, Supply List
Entering Kindergarten: Info Sheet, Supply List, Summer Activities
Entering 1st grade: Reading Packet, Summer activities, Supply List
Entering 2nd grade: Reading Packet, Summer activities, Supply List
Entering 3rd grade: Reading Log, Summer activities, Supply List
Entering 4th grade: Reading Log, Summer activities, Supply List
Middle school Summer 2014 reading lists
5th grade supply list, 6th grade supply list, 7th grade supply list, 8th grade supply list
Upper School English Department summer reading * updated 6/23/14 *
Free Logo on Uniforms
Are you tired of searching for the perfect “3 prong plastic folder with pockets”? We can help! Let S.P.A. shop for your child’s school supplies this year while you enjoy summer. Your child’s school supplies will be ready and waiting.
- Lower School supply packages will be delivered to your child’s classroom and ready for pick up on Meet the Teacher Day, Tuesday, August 19, 2014.
- Middle School supply packages will be delivered to your child’s advisor and ready for pick up on Locker Day, Monday, August 18, 2014.
Order by June 1 for the best price!!
Please contact Kim Craig or Kristen Danielson at email@example.com with any questions.
Athletics Fall 2014 Forms
** Click to read 2014 FALL SPORTS INFORMATION **
The Fall Sports Information link above is for any student interested in participating in Shorecrest Athletics this fall, grades 6-12. It gives specific information by sport that all athletes need to know.
For a list of which FORMS are required for all athletes, click here.
New students transferring into Shorecrest, please read this form.
SUMMER WEIGHT ROOM HOURS
MONDAY - FRIDAY 9:00am – 3:00pm (doors will be locked at 3pm, All ADULTS/STUDENTS will be asked to leave at this time.)
Strength & Conditioning Coach Josh Chewning will be available from 9:00am-10:30am on Mondays,Wednesdays, Fridays, ONLY.
** There will be days that the weight room is CLOSED and those dates will be posted ahead of time. **
2013-2014 - A Year to Celebrate!
With appreciation to everyone who is part of the community we call Shorecrest, we share this photo montage of a fantastic year at 5101 First Street.
- Headmaster: Thank You and Cheers…But…
- Upper School: Student Council Officers, Interact Officers & party, GSI Meets Pakistani Ambassador, Professional Graduation Photos link, Online Used Book Buyback and more
- Middle School: Middle School Awards Assembly, Mythological Mobile Devices, Coordinate Plane Twister Competition, Summer Reading Lists, Online Used Book Buyback and more
- Lower School: Letter from the Head, Supply lists, 4th grade Moving Up Ceremony, First Grade Ocean Experts, Fourth Graders Visit Zoe’s Edible Garden, Quilts for Salvation Army and more
- Experiential School: Letter from the Head, Supply lists, Alpha & JK Parties, Studying Sea Creatures and more
- Athletics: Shorecrest - Top US Sailing School!, Presidential Fitness, Summer weight room hours and more
- Arts: Surreal Art Exhibition, LS Talent Showcase, Farewell Ms. Díaz Leroy & Mr. Runge
- Service: Partner Organization - Salvation Army Family Shelter, Attention: Rising Freshman, Volunteer This Summer with Service Partner Organizations and more
- S.P.A.: School supplies, volunteer opportunities, and more
- Admissions: Can you be more?
- Advancement: A year to celebrate [video]
- Clinic: Happy Summer!
Media Center Update
It has been a creative year in the library! From 3D printed objects and littleBits electronics, to cell phone drones and upcycled book furniture. Not only are students continuing to enhance their reading and research, but they are also fabricating their knowledge with cutting-edge technology in a space design for innovation.
We are acquiring new tinkering kits and another powerful making machine: an electric die cutter to make next year even more innovative. We have created some makers in the lower school with the successful Maker Club which we will expand into more grades.
Even in the last week of school an US student, Luke P synthesized a math theory he learned in calculus by designing a model to show Mr. Field. We want to thank all the teachers and students that took intellectual risks to try these new tools and collaborate with us. We want to thank the Tech department for being partners through the whole design of the Makerspace. We want to thank the parents and S.P.A. for supporting our vision. We want to thank our administrators for recognizing this program as the forefront of education. Without this community effort we could not have created the Makerspace that is garnering attention in the Bay Area. Next week look out for a blog post about the Library Makerspace in Tampa Bay Partnership, an organization focused on business, industry, and innovation.
Don’t forget we are running a Maker Club this summer August 4th-8th for 4th grade-9th grade through Shorecrest Summer Camps- contact Monica Stypinski to sign your child up.